Saturday, May 7, 2016
Save Your Feet During Your Workday
1. Never stand still. Standing for long periods of time is very stressful. So rock gently side to side. If you have to stand for long stretches sway gently side to side. Most fellow employees won't notice. One of my clients has her whole food kitchen rocking side to side.
2. Interrupt stress and do it frequently. Stress won't kill you. What will kill you is uninterrupted stress. So take a break or several breaks throughout the day.
3. Roll your feet during those breaks with a simple foot roller. Rollers are a cheap way to break up the pattern of stress that forms during the workday rush.
4. Wear good shoes. Think of shoes as tools for your feet. Good tools result in good results. High heels are asking for trouble. But you know that!!!
5. See a reflexologist. Hey give your feet a treat for their hard work. You are worth it, aren't you?
What are your tips for a happy and pain free workday?