Monday, October 27, 2008

Santa Fe doctor has team of alternative practitioners to ease pain, anxiety

ABQJOURNAL HEALTH: Santa Fe doctor has team of alternative practitioners to ease pain, anxiety

"Santa Fe plastic surgeon Dr. Daniel Ronel says he has devised a way to help ease patients' pain and anxiety: Blend cosmetic procedures with acupuncture, aromatherapy, homeopathy, medical aesthetology, nutritional counseling, psychotherapy, reflexology and Thai massage." Eric Billingsley, Albuquerque Journal, 10/27/08

This article on plastic surgery and alternative practitioners reminded me of my late friend, Gwen Dara. Gwen was an innovator who did reflexology years ago with plastic surgery patients. Only Gwen worked with the stars.

I never knew who Gwen worked on because I didn't ask. Nor do I think Gwen would tell. She was a very ethical practitioner. But everybody knew they were people you would recognize.

Gwen would come up with all kinds of innovations like getting people up after working on one foot to show them the contrast. I always learned something from her.

A CBS executive called me after Gwen had passed away. She had lost contact with Gwen and wanted to reconnect. I had to break the bad news. The executive broke into tears. I understood completely.

So when I saw this article I thought Gwen could have said, "Been there. Done that." But she wouldn't have.

Kevin Kunz
http://www.reflexology-research.com

No comments: