Sunday, April 26, 2009

My left foot

I am sitting here thinking about my left foot. It has been a week of limping around and a lot of pain. But it has been very interesting at the same time.

I tore my Achilles tendon at the ripe old age of 16. It was a judo accident. It hurt. A whole lot.

I am going through a process we call, "going back through". It is painful as I reexperienced the old injury. It comes from uncovering a layer of adaptation that we long ago forgot. It is usually short and sweet. Severe injury is the exception.

I have had several bouts with this and last week was a doozy. It felt like shards of glass every footstep I took.

Then it passed. My foot felt much better and I was walking much more in touch with the ground. There was a distinctive shift to the outside of the areas on the foot making contact.

My conclusions. The body has an incredible ability to absorb injury. We must keep going to survive. Injury must be adapted to not only in the short run but in the long run as well.

These adaptation remain dormant until "uncovered". Uncovering can be as simple as lowering your stress level. This allows your body to start resolve the unresolved problem.

Or you can deliberately uncover the problem by using Reflexology or other techniques to uncover the buried adaptation. This gets to the deeper layers of adaptation.

This is where we have covered up the past. This is where the pain dwells.

I have chosen to dig deep. Yes it hurts but now I am enjoying the resolution. My left foot is simpler and more relaxed. It should have less impact on my body.

My second conclusion us that the ankle is more involved than a simple connection to the foot. It is actually a complex neuro -mechanism that extends all the way down to the mid foot.

How do I know this? For a few days every step shot pain through my foot and up through my leg. I think what I was experiencing was the breakup of deposits that kept my foot immobile.

The foot is a shock absorbing mechanism. The part of the foot that performs this function extends all the way from the ankle to the middle of the foot.

When injuried the body will use immobility to protect from further injury.

I know. I could feel it.

Kevin Kunz
Mobile Blogging from here.

No comments: