Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Save your feet during the holidays
All the stress and rush of the holidays can really cause your feet and your body to ache for January. There are some simple tricks that can sooth your soles and your weary body.
1. Never stand still. Standing for long periods of time is very stressful. So rock gently side to side. If you are waiting in line sway gently side to side. Most other shoppers won't notice. One of my clients has her whole kitchen rocking side to side.
2. Interrupt stress and do it frequently. Stress won't kill you. What will kill you is uninterrupted stress. So take a break or several breaks throughout the day.
3. Roll your feet during those breaks with a simple foot roller. Rollers are a cheap way to break up the pattern of stress that forms during the holiday rush.
4. Wear good shoes. Think of shoes as tools for your feet. Good tools result in good results. High heels are asking for trouble. But you know that!!!
5. See a reflexologist. Hey give your feet a treat for the holidays. You are worth it, aren't you?
What are your tips for a happy and pain free holiday?