Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More on Stress cues

--- In reflexologycommunity@yahoogroups.com, learnecm wrote:
>
>
> Kevin,
>
> Thank you. Do you have any publications that talk more about the
> different stress cues like this one. I have been noticing others I
> would like to confer about.
>
> Thanks,
> Deb

Deb

We did two books on reading stress cues. The Complete Guide to Foot Reflexology- When we revised it we added a section on stress cues. And our original publication on treading stress cues is MyReflexologist Says Feet Don't Lie.

This is a smaller book which really was blasted, sadly on Amazon.com. (Somebody trashed it for being too small.) Both are illustrated with sample feet.

What I like about reading stress cues is that it helps you to understand the individual. It tells you where the stress lies and allows you to much more quickly select areas for emphasis. Stress cues also gives you a stress history I think is better than a medical history for understanding the individual and their response to stress.(I actually prefer to look at medical history after I work on the individual.)

Being able to read stress cues gives your clients confidence in your skills. It also gives you a better sense of how long it will take to achieve results. And it helps you plan for getting results.

Reading stress cues is a skill worth developing. The future for me is studying large populations like Alzheimer's patients.

We think we have a stress cue connected to Alzheimer's. Statistically it is possible to see if you are in fact correct in the stress cue you have selected.

But simple memory loss I believe is also detectable.

Our photo shoot for Reflexology: Health at Your Fingertips in 2003 was in London. As you can see from this book and the DK books that follow we use an absolutely brilliant photographer.

I had worked my way through the entire crew working on feet except our photographer who was constantly busy.

I asked her if I could work on her feet. She declined as she was as usual setting something up.

But then she asked what I thought of her feet. (The photographer shoots barefooted as she wraps herself around the camera. Her feet help steady the tripod. She and the camera are one.)

"Well how is your memory?' I asked.

She was taken back and said,"You know I forget where I left the kids. How did you know?"

Do you know how I was able to tell that there was something going on with her memory without actually touching her feet? Remember this is a highly intelligent woman.


Kevin Kunz

Tip: I love doing classes on reading cues as you see a wide collection of feet. I also keep a digital camera handy. Then you can project it on screen for the crowd. And you have a record of the unusual feet you will see. And I will tell you there are usually unusual stress cues in any crowd.



No comments: